Chocolate and Demons: Feedback Friday
A weekly update to help you keep up with the comments and conversations on H-F Patch and H-F Patch’s Facebook.
At 745 “Likes” on the H-F Patch Facebook site, we’re nearly half way to 800! To put that in perspective, we were just shy of 700 at the end of January. Our readers are entirely to thank for making that happen! That said, we wouldn’t mind if you happened to tell a friend or two to like H-F Patch's Facebook page so we can get keep up the pace.
Overheard on Facebook
Last Saturday was Chocolate Fest in Homewood. We asked our readers what their favorites were. Here's some of the responses:
- Emily Kenny:"Winning the chocolate around the world grand prize basket!!! But the godiva dark chocolate truffels were good too :)"
- Vicky Jones Rappatta:"The ones in the passport shops were best!"
- Ann Druetzler:"Had a good time, nice community activity! Hot chocolate with cayenne was delicious."
- Karen Kurowski McHugh:"My daugher Meagan's bake-off entry of Brookies - chocolate chip cookie-brownie hybrid of yumminess - was by far the best chocolate there! Way to go Meagan!"
Voices Speak Out on H-F Patch
Earlier in the week, 2nd Congressional Candidate Debbie Halvorson fired back against the Jackson camp, asking why the congressman hasn't renounced assertions by one of his pastor backers that she's backed by "demonic forces." It's since caused quite the controversy among our commenters:
- SouthSide:"Jesse doesn't need any more bad PR. This pastor is helping to hammer in the nails on Jesse's political coffin. Save the #Ridiculousness for the Santorum campaign!"
- WA Mama: "Once you ask the clergy into the race, they're going to bring what they talk about, which in part, is God and Satan, an Us and Them scenario that is absolutely meant to reflect the candidate. Halvorson herself knows this: 'I realize that the gateway to the African American community starts with the churches. My success in public service is credited in large part to my close ties to the African American Clergy.'"
- mr lahey: "I am embarrassed to say I'm from this part of Illinois. This is the best we have to offer? ..."
- Steve Burke: "GO GO GO GO SATAN! GO GO GO! WHEN SATAN IS ON OUR SIDE JJJR WILL NEVER SURVIVE! GO GO GO! amen."
- Wendell Mosby: "... I'm sure Debbie has some skeletons that she'd prefer be kept buried too..."
Thanks everyone for your continued readership and support!