Fire Renders Morris Avenue Home 'Uninhabitable'
The two-story Homewood home caught fire sometime around 9 a.m. on Oct. 2.
Article Updated on Oct. 2 at 4 p.m.
Firefighters believe electrical issues are to blame for a fire that has rendered a home on 18429 Morris Ave. currently uninhabitable, according to Homewood Deputy Fire Chief Clint Johnson.
The fire began on the front porch of the home around 3 a.m. on Tuesday morning. Luckily, an inhabitant of the home noticed the flames and was able to safely evacuate the building of all other residents before any harm was done, Johnson said.
Despite considerable flames, Homewood firefighters were able to douse the majority of the blaze upon arrival, clearing way for ground crews to move in with hoses to quickly extinguish the remaining traces of fire, Johnson said. While the home is currently uninhabitable, Johnson said firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to the entire house.