Flossmoor Men Beaten and Robbed Near Marcus Cinema
One of the men was taken to St. James Hospital after the July 2 attack.
Two Flossmoor men were attacked near the dumpsters outside Marcus Cinema last week, according to police reports.
A 25-year-old Flossmoor man told police a large group of teenagers attacked him, striking him in the face and head. The man said the attack was unprovoked and the teens did not say anything before it happened, according to the report.
The man was treated for his injuries at St. James Hospital in Chicago Heights.
A 22-year-old Flossmoor man told police he was attacked as well, jumped from behind by two men. The second victim said he dropped his phone during the attack and saw someone pick it up, according to the report.
A witness told police she saw a group of eight to 10 males and six females surrounding and attacking the men before fleeing on foot. The woman said all the attackers appeared to be between the ages of 14 and 10, according to the report.
Police report information is provided by the Chicago Heights Police Department and other law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.