Patch Exclusives: Get to Know the 2nd District Congressional Candidates
To help you make a truly informed decision on Feb. 26, Chicago Heights Patch editor Christopher Paicely is conducting one-on-one interviews with every candidate willing to sit down with him.
Dear Residents of the 2nd Congressional District,
Who should represent you? Do you know?
Sure, maybe you know who you won’t vote for, but is there any candidate in this race with all the qualities you seek in a federal representative?
A campaign mailer or a one-off news story can only tell you so much about a person. That’s why Patch is attempting a closer look at the 21 candidates fighting for your favor. We are setting up interviews with as many candidates as we can before the Feb. 26 special primary election and creating a comprehensive election guide, the likes of which you haven’t seen.
I’m asking each candidate questions specific to them and getting the kinds of answers that can’t always be conveyed in a questionnaire. I'm finding out more about Robin Kelly than her position on gun control. I'm getting honest answers from James Taylor about the so-called ignored parts of the 2nd District. I'm finding out why past candidates like Debbie Halvorson and Anthony Williams haven't given up.
The 2013 Patch Election Guide is a running narrative with more information being added every day. Hopefully, these video interviews will bring you closer to understanding the bloated ballot on Election Day.
Here is a list of the candidates:
- Anthony Williams, of Dolton
- Joyce Washington, of Chicago
- O. Patrick Brutus, of Chicago (dropped out)
- Ernest B. Fenton, of Markham
- Robin Kelly, of Matteson
- Anthony Beale, of Chicago
- Mel Reynolds, of Dolton
- Fatimah N. Muhammad, of Chicago
- Larry D. Pickens, of Chicago
- Clifford J. Eagleton, of Harvey
- Victor Jonathan, of Country Club Hills
- Gregory Haynes, of Lynwood
- Debbie Halvorson, of Crete
- Charles Rayburn, of Dolton
- John Blyth, of Chicago
- Lenny McAllister, of Maywood
- Paul McKinley, of Chicago
- James H. Taylor Sr., of Bradley
- Eric M. Wallace, of Flossmoor
- Beverly E. Reid, of Chicago
Feel free to join the conversation in the comments under each interview. Something tells me the candidates will be paying close attention to what you have to say. You can only join the discussion if you have a Patch user account, so feel free to sign up.
Thanks for visiting!
Join Patch with a user account:
Join the discussion on Facebook: