The Week in Review: Viking Basketball Dominance, Casinos and Turning 109
Join us for a look back on the week's top five articles.
Have you been so busy shoveling snow that it cut into your normally scheduled Patch viewing time? Don’t worry, here’s a list of the past week’s top five articles to get you up to speed with H-F happenings.
- Chicago Height’s Editor Christopher Paicely sat down with State Rep. Anthony DeLuca amidst the storm to chat with him about a gambling bill that he is trying to get passed. The bill might result in the building of a casino in Ford Heights. You can read why DeLuca thinks this is a smart move here.
- Have you taken any photos of the blizzard that you are dying to share with the community? Consider posterity and upload them to our Snowmageddon Photo Gallery.
- The Viking’s continue their streak of on-court domination after beating the Joliet West Tigers by a score of 52-30. Tyrone Sherman proved to be the team’s move valuable “tiger killer” by scoring 16 points in the game. Read more here.
- Tom Ising of Homewood braved the elements to help his mother, Jane, celebrate he 109th birthday on Wednesday. In her many years, Jane has earned a Ph.D. in economics, survived World War II and founded the Peoria Planned Parenthood. Read more about her incredible life here.
- For all those last-minute planners, take a look at our list of five great places to go and watch the Super Bowl.