Foundation 153, School District 153's foundation, is asking for your help to win a $50,000 grant from the Chicago Sun Times Charity Trust's "Sunshine Project." Foundation 153 hopes to purchase as many SMART boards as possible for District 153 classrooms. Grant winners will be determined based on the number of online votes a project receives and the comments voters make about that proposal.
Voting only takes a minute or two, but the voting period ends October 9.
Here's how to vote:
1. Visit the Sunshine Project's website and hit the "get started" button.
2. Create an account. If you use your email address and password (vs. Facebook login), you'll receive an email to activate your account. To vote, you MUST activate your account by clicking the link contained in that email message.
3. Enter "Foundation 153" in the search box.
4. Click on the project name "SMART Boards for Smart Kids" (in red bold font).
5. Click on the red "Vote" button (thumbs up sign on the left hand side).
6. If you have an extra minute, please comment on the project with a testimonial of support. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you'll see a gray text box for you to enter comments.