Welcome new and continuing readers alike to another edition of Feedback Friday, the feature that features you. We're currently standing at an ever-increasing 1,420 Facebook friends. Please, if you enjoy getting local info and being part of the conversation, let your friends know to "like" us. It would be great to hit 1,450 by the end of the month! As a thanks, here are some highlights of what our readers said over the past week:
Overheard on Facebook
Earlier in the week, we announced the expansion of Reflections Yoga in Homewood's Southgate business district. Here's some of the responses:
- "That's nice, it's a great studio. I'm glad they are doing so well they need to expand!"
- "Wonderful, thank you, namaste"
- "Great news. He is a wonderful person and it's good to see his business expand."
- "That's great!"
- "I wish they offered baby/toddler + parent yoga. My daughter does downward dog pretty well. Maybe they'll have the space now!"
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we asked our readers to fill out the sentence, "I wear pink for _____." Here's some of the responses:
- "My Mom... I'm aware 24/7 , 365... R.I.P Judy Houston 1942-2008."
- "My cousin Geri- survivor"
- "For my friend Sylvia - survivor"
- "Mom was a survivor!"
- "My Most Loving Mother in law.. I miss her and think about her every day!"
- "I lost my Grandma Alice a little over a year ago to cancer."
- "Many women in my life who have lost their lives to female cancers....my mom my mom-in-lae and my BFF"
- "My grandmother who I lost her 24 years ago to cancer and my BFFs mom Sue Sauder who lost her battle way to young."
Thanks again to all our friends for your continued readership and support.