"While the approval is for up to $7M, our plan is for approximately $5.5M, earmarked for infrastructure repairs and improvements along with other capital projects," Park District Director Debbie Kopas said. "The debt payments are structured to maintain debt repayment at manageable levels for the next 15 years."
Kopas says there are two reasons for doing this:
- "To maintain the park district’s aging facilities to high standards so they continue to serve the public long into the future."
- "To create a manageable debt repayment schedule for the future taking current economic conditions and trends into consideration."
Some of the upcoming planned projects include:
- Generator and HVAC replacement at Irwin Center
- Roof and parking lot replacement at the Racquet & Fitness Club
- Mowing equipment replacement and clubhouse improvements at Coyote Run Golf Course
- Lighting replacement in high use parks
- Renovations to Dolphin Lake Park and Building