Homewood's favorite fall time festival is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 17, at Independence Park.
Fall Fest will feature live entertainment, horse-drawn wagon rides through downtown, the annual bean bag tournament, petting zoo and pony rides, games, craft vendors, a pumpkin patch, children's crafts, and scrumptious cuisine prepared by local eateries.
A highlight of Fall Fest is the annual Chili-Cook Off where residents vie for "Homewood's Top Chef" while raising money for a local not-for-profit in the Open Chili Tasting.
Great music is a staple of Fall Fest, and three talented bands -- the Fret Brothers, Latin Satin Soul, and Staff Infection and the South Side Horns -- will will carry on this finger-snapping, toe tapping tradition.
Fall Fest Activities Schedule
- Noon Petting Zoo and Pony Rides
- 1 p.m. Face Painter
- 2 p.m. Chili Contest
- 2 p.m. Mr. Magic's Magic Show
- 3:30 p.m. Open Chili Tasting
- 4 p.m. Stilt Walkers & Strolling Jugglers
- 4:30 p.m. Pumpkin Patch and Pumpkin Painting
- 6 p.m. Horse-drawn Wagon Rides
- 6:30 p.m. Doubles Bean Bag Tournament
- 8 p.m. Outdoor Movie & Bonfire
Fall Fest Live Entertainment Schedule
- 11 a.m. The Fret Brothers (Acoustic )
- 2 p.m. Mr. Magic's Magic Show (Children's Entertainment)
- 3:30 p.m. Latin Satin Soul (Classic Rock and Motown)
- 7 p.m. Staff Infection and the Southside Horns (Rock and Roll)