Patch gathered questions from readers, for Flossmoor Mayor Paul Braun. Now, Patch will regularly air a series of video responses to the questions readers voted as most pressing.
In this edition, Braun discusses the possibility of leaf pickup for Flossmoor residents.
I’d love to see leaf pickup in Flossmoor. It’s a cost issue. The last time the board looked at that, Public Works reported that we would need to purchase … another vehicle with a leaf vacuum and we just weren’t able to afford that additional service at this time. So, it’s certainly something I’d like to see if financial conditions improve. It’s a great program but, at this point, while we’re trying to maintain costs and not reduce existing services, it was not something that we could afford at this point in time.
Want more Minutes With the Mayor?
- On tree removal
- On Flossmoor's New Street Lights
- What is Flossmoor doing to relieve property tax blues?
- How "green" is Flossmoor?
- Flossmoor's comprehensive plan
- Mayor Braun on dog ordinances
- Has Flossmoor ever considered a K9 unit?