Here's what going on in Homewood, Flossmoor, Chicago Heights and the surrounding area this weekend.
- Coffee and Conversation: Book Discussion Group: Hosted by the Flossmoor Public Library. This month's title: Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones.
- H-F High School Foundation Golf & Dinner Fundraiser: The third annual benefit event will take place at Ravisloe Country Club. Tickets available online.
- Open Mic Night: Local musicians, singers and poets will perform at Flossmoor Community Church from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. BYOB.
- Live Music at Twisted Q BBQ: John Gurney will perform live at 8 p.m. $6 cover.
- Frank Sinatra Tribute Show: Frank Sinatra's former opening act, Tom Dreesen of Harvey, is performing at Freedom Hall in Park Forest. Tickets available online.
- Flossmoor Farmers Market: Every Friday behind the Flossmoor Public Library. From 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Homewood Annual Fall Fest and Chili Cook-Off: A street-lined festival, celebrating the end of summer with live entertainment, horse-drawn hay rides, a bonfire, movies on the big screen, bean bag tournaments, and tasty cuisine prepared by top local eateries. Check here for a complete list of vendors.
- Cheap Pet Vaccine Clinic: Spay Illinois will be offering low cost pet vaccines at 17950 Burnham Ave. in Lansing. Call 877-475-7729 to make an appointment.
- "Trouble" the Stage Play: Back by popular demand, this locally produced play "will for sure enlighten women of all ages as well as the entire family." Begins 7 p.m. at Prairie State College.
- 58th Annual Park Forest Art Fair: This two-day event is the second largest juried art fair in the Chicagoland region. Over 70 local and national artists will be showcased.
- Teen Night @ The Club: The H-F Racquet and Fitness Club is inviting 11- to 14-year-olds over for a big party. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. Pizza and pop are included.
- Homewood Farmers Market: Every Saturday at Harwood Ave. and Chestnut Rd. from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Chicago Heights Corner Market, Chicago Heights: Every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 160 West Joe Orr Road, Chicago Heights.
- Homewood Schools Fund Run: Foundation 153's annual fundraiser event. Don't miss out on the 153-yard Kids' Dash at the end of the race! Begins at 8 a.m.
- Worth Third Annual Bavarian Fest: An German-themed night of music, food and fun benefitting the Crisis Center for South Suburbia. Begins at 2 p.m.
What are you doing this weekend? Tell us in the comments.