Since moving to our present location in 1986, Fresh Starts has evolved from a gourmet food store and carry out to a full service restaurant and catering service. Nestled in historic Old Flossmoor, Illinois, Fresh Starts has a quaint, European Cafe atmosphere. Over the years we have matured and expanded slowly, always with the ultimate pleasure of the customer as our primary goal.
Our small, intimate restaurant seats up to 60 people for gourmet lunch, or an exquisite dinner. We have a full-service, off-premise catering service featuring enticing, unusual foods and skilled, professional staff.
Fresh Starts has garnered award after award for its fabulous recipes prepared with skill and creativity. We have received rave reviews in Chicago Tribune, Star Newspaper, Daily Southtown, Chicago Magazine and Sun Times. Savor a meal at Fresh Starts and you’ll understand why we draw diners from the entire Chicagoland area.
- Hours: Tue - Sat, 11am - 3pm (Lunch); Tue - Thu, 5pm - 9pm (Dinner); Fri - Sat, 5pm - 10pm (Dinner) Sun and Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Ramped curb
- Founding Date: Sept. 1986
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Personal Check, Visa
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Natural, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.freshstartsrestaurant.com/menus.htm
- Specialties: Outstanding food with a wine shop, wine bar and catering.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: Flossmoor's quaint business district with boutique one-of-a-kind shops and unique restaurants.
- Cuisine: American, Bistro, Burgers, Cajun / Creole, Dessert / Ice Cream, International, Sandwiches, Seafood, Steak House, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Signature dishes: New New Orleans pasta, shrimp and grits, mesclun salad with warm goat cheese, napa cabbage salad, pecan chicken breast and the finest freshest fish in the area. Wine shop on premise.
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Either the New New Orleans pasta or the shrimp and grits.
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Suggested
- Executive chef: Michael Flamini
- Number of tables: 24
- Features: Catering, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Dress code: Casual
- What are your suggested wine/beverage choices for each season?: All food and win changes seasonally.
- Tastings: Yes
- Beer Types: Craft, Domestic, Imported, Microbrew
- Membership information: Wine club and platinum wine club membership available.
- Online store link: www.freshstartsrestaurant.com/wineshop.htm
- Outside food allowed?: No
- Accepts large groups?: By reservation