Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
- Family: I’m married to Jim Bush, who is a graduate of Thornton Township High School. Between the two of us we have four children and four grandchildren. I am the daughter of a veteran, the wife of a veteran, and the mother of a son currently serving in the US Army.
- Education: I graduated from Bloom Township High School and worked my way through Robert Morris College, Prairie State College, and received my Master’s Degree in Communication from Governor’s State University.
- Political Party: Democratic Party
- Official name of campaign: Halvorson for Congress
- Previous Elected or Appointed Offices: I am the former Representative for the 11th Congressional District of Illinois. Before my election to Congress, I served 12 years in the Illinois State Senate fighting for my community, and made history as the first woman to serve as Democratic Majority Leader. I was also fortunate enough to spend four years as the Crete Township Clerk.