Sharing a photo with your Patch website is quick and easy. Here's a simple how-to for you to follow:
- Log in to your Patch account. If you don't have one yet, click "Sign Up" in the top right corner of the website. You must be logged in to add a photo or other content to Patch.
- Click "Upload Photos & Video" once you're in the article to which you want to add photos.
- Select the photo from your computer.
- After the upload is complete, you may click on the image to add a caption. Click "Save Edits" after you're done writing.
- Do not upload copyrighted photos for which you do not have permission. That violates our terms of service. Just share photos you've taken.
- What makes a good caption? Tell readers where and when the photo was taken. Identify the people in it and what they're doing.
- To get the best quality, make sure your photo is saved as a .jpg. Don't worry too much about the size of the photo. Our system can crunch photos, but note that it will also stretch photos that are too small.